Congratulations to an industry that was well due recognition for the economic contribution it makes to the local region. Through the initiative of the Northland Forestry Health & Safety Group, the Northland Forestry Awards became a reality.
The key objectives in having these awards are to benefit the region’s forestry industry in several exciting ways, namely:
- To attract skilled employees to the region as valued forest industry players
- To up skill and lift the standard of the skill base of the forestry workforce
- To provide an opportunity for the Northland’s forest industry to celebrate its skilled professionals
- To unite industry players
- To create a healthy and challenging competition amongst the industry
The Northland Forestry Health & Safety Group encourages other businesses within the industry to become involved in this exciting event. It is important that we all share the vision to recognise skilled professionals, applaud them and create a desire to continue to lift the profile of forestry in Northland.